- Optima PRO De-salting Plate (4)
- Optima PRO Screens (18)
- Biochemicals (13) +-
- Filtration (1) +-
- ProteoSEC Dynamic Size Exclusion AKTA Columns (6)
- Proteus Mini Purification Spin Columns (1)
- 1-Step Batch Spin Columns (4)
- Rapid Proteus Antibody and His-tagged Protein Purification Spin Columns (22) +-
- Proteus Detergent Exchange Mini Spin Columns (4)
- DNA Release Spin Columns (1)
- Hi-Flow DNA Purification Spin Columns (2)
- HiFliQ (41) +-
- Ultrafiltration (10) +-
- Electrophoresis (15) +-
- Endotoxin (14)
TCEP is the next generation reducing agent. It is used as a hydrochloride salt (TCEP-HCl) with a molecular weight of 286.65 g/mol.
It is soluble in water, odourless and non-toxic. It is used as a reducing agent to cleave disulphide bridges during protein chromatography and in SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.
TCEP is also used in the tissue homogenization process for RNA isolation. TCEP has the following benefits over DTT and 2-ME:
- More powerful reducing agent
- Irreversible reducing agent
- More hydrophilic
- More resistant to oxidation.
- It does not reduce metals used in IMAC
- It causes fewer ITC baseline artefacts
- TCEP is particularly useful when labeling cysteine residues with maleimides. TCEP can keep the cysteines from forming di-sulfide bonds and unlike dithiothreitol and β-mercaptoethanol, it will not react as readily and in certain conditions with the maleimide.