IPTG (Isopropyl 1-thio-β-D galactopyranoside) induces the transcription of the gene coding for β- galactosidase, an enzyme that promotes lactose utilization, by binding and inhibiting the LacI repressor.
IPTG is widely used as it cannot be metabolized by E. coli so its concentration remains constant through the in vivo study.
First of its kind, the Protein Ark 1M IPTG Solution is shipped at room temperature, without compromising purity and performance!
- > 99.5% purity by HPLC
- Dioxane-free, animal free
- Solution is shipper ready for use
(filter sterilised & de-gased)
- Also available as powder
- Induces lac operon activity
- 0.2ml On agar plated with X-gal for blue/white colour screening when cloning
- 1ml Add to liquid bacterial cultures to induce high levels of protein expression